Closing Date: 23rd Oct 2020
To achieve and surpass customer sales & profit budgets and maximise return on investment of the SHS Drinks range of Soft Drinks brands to a portfolio of key customers in line with Shopper, Brand & Sales objectives. To ensure great execution of our soft drinks range both in store & online. The role will cover account management across the Soft Drinks portfolio on bottlegreen, Shloer, Blossom Cottage, Rocks & Private Label with full account management across Booths, Ocado, Iceland, Aldi, Lidl & as a support function to the SNAMs for Tesco, JS, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose.
1. Manage customer portfolio with existing and new business to meet sales, shopper and brand objectives within the agreed parameters.
2. To develop collaborative customer partnerships at a senior level that encapsulate the key points contained within the customer’s summary of needs. Translate Brand objectives into relevant customer JBP’s. To share the principles of the key customer needs with key SHS Drinks contacts, in order to highlight and gain commitment to all mutual objectives.
3. Have a clear understanding of the main influences / key features and market trends of your trading channels, key customers, consumers and product categories covered as well as a strong understanding of the customer needs.
4. Build on the collaborative customer partnerships established at a senior level by devising and implementing a customer personnel contact strategy for all functions within the major accounts in the portfolio. IE. buying, supply chain, category management, space planning, marketing, regional operations, finance etc.
5. MaximiSe distribution, availability and visibility of brands in account portfolio by setting specific targets /gap analysis, account planning and by identifying & matching customer needs to our brands key features. Always ensure that all new and existing listings are managed through to customer based on the brand & channel objectives.
6. Propose and implement innovative account specific activity to build brands, drive NPD, volume and distribution in line with account and brand objectives, always negotiating maximum value for money within agreed financial parameters.
7. Ensure great feature for Soft Drinks brands in all store formats & online including key events & brand partnerships.
8. Plan and achieve key KPI’s in line with company and brand expectations using the Customer Business Planning tool, including volume forecast, spend & selling price have a good understanding of interaction between base sales, promo sales, pre & post dip.
9. Be actively involved in delivering the outputs of the IBP cycle for which you are responsible. Ensure that forecasts are completed on time, meeting attendance is prioritised and risk and opportunities maintained and actioned. Ensure collaborative relationship with demand planning, commercial planning and commercial finance through the IBP cycle.
10. To be in total control of all elements of customer financial management including limiting Debtors days in line with customer terms and resolving all credit queries and outstanding invoices within 35 days in all accounts in portfolio.
11. Strategically review all elements of customer cost to serve & profitability and ensure we are reviewing & reducing on a regular basis.
12. Ensure you are embracing the SHS ‘Spirit’ ways of working.
13. Attend key internal meetings to receive and give information on brand performance, customer performances, competitor activity and best practice learning’s. These should include interaction with the wider business sharing best practice via Virtual Team Meeting attendance.
14. Provide effective internal cross functional communication and external customer and Brand communication that has a positive effect on efficiency and effectiveness of demand, supply, availability, impact and visibility at the point of purchase. Also in order to facilitate successful process management.
15. Utilise & follow the SHS structured selling principals as per the training programme identified.
16. Personal cost control and care of company property.
17. Adhere to relevant team standards of operation, remaining professional at all times.
• High potential driven individual that has performed consistently in their current role that can manage & grow existing business as well as deliver core brand growth & NPD through strong commercial proposals.
• Strategic & commercial awareness & successful Revenue Management implementation with a strong track record of success.
• Good knowledge & understanding as to how best to activate & create presence & impact of our brands online.
If you would like to be considered for this position please submit an up to date CV ensuring that your Line Manager has been informed.